Honda Twins banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i am trying to bench cync the carbs on my 76 cb360t.when i put them on the backing plate i cant get the right carb butterfly to snap shut.i screwed the adjusting screw all the way in and it still wont close.the brackets seem straight but do i need to bend the brackets or am i missing something. Auto part Carburetor Automotive engine part Machine Auto part Carburetor Automotive engine part Engine Machine

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
Does the throttle plate close completely when not screwed to the backing plate?

Was the plate removed from the carb?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the carbs were dissassembled and cleaned.i loosened the plate and no difference.the butterfly closes fine by its self but once i hook it to the other carb it stays open and i cant adjust it closed

·
Registered
191 Posts
Did you remove the butterfly plates from the throttle shafts? If memory serves me right there is a one way orientation for those in that the edges are ground at an angle. If you put the plate in the wrong way it won;t close right.

·
Premium Member
2,154 Posts
The adjuster wasn't assembled right, washers should be either side of te 'U' . The angle may be 'tweaked' slightly or bent so right and left don't match up. The adjuster screw can bind on te 'U' edges if carb has been dropped or something? Be VERY careful if you try and bend the adjuster brackets as the brass throttle shafts will break at 'C' clip where shaft enters carb body. I do a LOT of 360 carbs (and a few CB350, CB450 DOHC)
360 adjuster bits often need some work to get correctly aligned but it's a PITA to do without marring or breaking something. Use two pairs of pliers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts