Honda Twins banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I'm a Belgian guy with a 1971 Honda CB125 K5 originally from Germany. The bike has those distinct German indicator lights. I bought it looking like brand new but the bike was a mechanical mess. I had the head bored to .75 oversize with new pistons and piston rings. Also the valves got resealed. I got everything adjusted and timed properly apart from the carburettors. Still having some problems making them work as they should. I thought I cleaned them properly but after reading lots of threads on this forum, I now understand cleaning the carbs is not the same as actually cleaning the carbs. When I get the carbs sorted out, I hope she will run beautifully, but we'll see.
I call myself something of a hobbyist mechanic. I learned everything from my grandfather working on my (****ty) car to keep it running. And I owned one of those Chinese knock-off Honda Dax (ST50) mini-bikes. I read a lot online and in books. And I like to do everything myself.
Anyway, glad to be a part of this community and if anyone has any tips and tricks they'd like to share on how to properly rebuild, tune, and sync the carbs on a CB125 K5, I'd love to hear them.
Cheers!
20180217_130641.jpg

·
Registered
686 Posts
Hi Jesper! Welcome to the forum. You‘ve come to the right place! That is indeed a nice looking bike you have and I‘m confident that you’ll sort out the technical issues soon.
Where are you living in Belgium? I lived in Brussels in 2007 and 2008.

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
Nice bike, and such a tidy garage !

Interesting that they sold the CB125 twin over on the continent, we have a French member with one similar, don't think they made it over to the UK. Much the same as the CB175, apart from the engine of course.

As well as the indicators, I note that yours has a German spec rear mudguard, looks very like the rear guard on the CB250G5 I had back in the day, which was a German import.

·
Registered
686 Posts
I live in Brussels! I just moved there from Mechelen, that's a city right. between Antwerp and Brussels.
Hah, so you live in Brussels. I lived in Ixelles not far from Place Boniface... Had to travel to Antwerp quite often but think I‘ve never been to Mechelen.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Beautiful bike! And I, too, appreciate the cleanliness and organization of your garage!
Welcome to the forum, people here are very friendly and extremely helpful, I think you will find what you are looking for in short order.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
175 Posts
Nice bike, rear lamp is also significant...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts