Honda Twins banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it's been ages since I've been 'round these parts. As some of you know I've been plinking away at a cb450 rebuild but it's been stalled out due to overwork and under pay. Oh yeah and I got married and bought a house as well since I spent much time on the HondaTwins site...

Anyways I got distracted from the honda project for various reasons and just recently the following bike crept into the picture and I hope to use it as inspiration to keep up on the rebuild. It's been more than two years since I've had a rolling machine and man is it nice to get some wind on my face again :D

Oh yeah it's a 1970 T120 Bonneville and is it sweet! It came to me from California...don't know how many keep up on the walnecks auctions but about 18 months maybe two years ago a collection went up for sale for something like $100K winner takes all and it included over 100 bikes. The fellow that bought it is near me and he was only interested in a handful of old italian machines and from what I can gather is selling the rest off! It was purchased by a young guy who put a ton of work and $$$ into it when he realized that an oily old high maintence machine was perhaps not what he and the wife were into so he went out and bought a brand new Thunderbird and sold this one to me for a dream!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
Great score there Garry :D .....wish someone close to me would sell me a Trumpy for peanuts. Theres a vintage brit-bike yard nearby that I once explored in the hope of finding an affordable project. But the starting price for a non-runner is about $4000 :evil:

Have fun riding that one mate!

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Nice bit of Brit Iron you got there, I joined this site to get away from that stuff, still got an engine from one of those under my workbench. Bought a 450 to give my metric spanners an airing. Nice

1 - 3 of 3 Posts