Honda Twins banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, My name is Gene and I am from Boyertown PA, USA. I am an avid Motorcyclist. My love for the sport is not manufactured specific. I have never met a bike I did not like. I have been riding since the age of 6 and I am a lifetime member of the AMA. I enjoy working on and Restoring bikes as much if not more then riding.

So what bought me to this group? When I was 16 years old I bought a 1986 Honda CB450SC Nighthawk. It was the first brand new bike I ever owned and it was also my first street legal Motorcycle. I road the bike year-round and had many great experiences on it. I later traded it in on what I thought was an upgrade, a Honda Hurricane. The hurricane did not live up to the Nighthawk, it was just not as enjoyable. I have had many bikes and I do maintain a stable now but I have always had a big place in my heart for that Nighthawk 450. So now 30 years later I have acquired a 1986 Honda CB450sc once again. It's even the same color.

My plan is to ultimately restore the bike to its former glory. At this point, I am fixing it up so that I can enjoy riding it. I am trying to preserve as much of the original bike as possible. There are many good components, that I would not want to renew. Its only original once. The bike only has 7K miles on it but it has had a rough life. I have been sourcing parts but they're not easy to come by for the 1986. There was a fair bit of change between 85 and 86 and that makes it difficult. I am hoping this group can help me source things like a headlight shell and give me tips on things like restoring the cast wheels that someone spraypainted. Attached are some pics of the bike.
IMG_3431.HEIC.jpeg
IMG_3442.HEIC.jpeg

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Welcome Gene, and thanks for a proper introduction with pictures. Plenty of SOHC 400/450 series members here and lots of knowledge to go along with that, so when you run into any situations you have questions about, you'll get the answers you need. Be sure to post pictures of all your bikes as we like pics here. Nice lift too

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! I would be happy to post some of my other bikes but there not Honda's. Im sure I will acquire more Honda's and when I do, I will be sure to share.

Welcome Gene, and thanks for a proper introduction with pictures. Plenty of SOHC 400/450 series members here and lots of knowledge to go along with that, so when you run into any situations you have questions about, you'll get the answers you need. Be sure to post pictures of all your bikes as we like pics here. Nice lift too

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts