Honda Twins banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I swear I was a member here many years ago, but maybe not! Haha

As it is, I'm about to be 42, and basically just had my mid life crisis. I'm not married, no kids and selling the house. And, as Bronson was once asked, taking a trip? Yeah

And yes, I am doing it on my Harley. But, life seems to always come full circle. Much as life and death, motorcycling life can take the same path.

I had a couple of CB/CL350's over twenty years ago. While I realize I don't have the 'experience' (age...hey! You made it this far. Did you think that would really happen? I didn't about myself!) that some of you have, I've had a lot of experiences, AND smart enough to shut my mouth and listen when I was being passed down education.

So, along with selling, donating and giving away almost all my worldly possessions, I sold my last old bike...a Yamaha XT500. All because a bike I have lusted after for decades finally dropped into my lap...a 1971 Honda SL350.

I'm not new to motorcycles, but let's face it, I have to relearn these bikes. So, I will have lots of questions. And after the next two years of my life are over, from, well taking that trip, the Harley will be sold and my lone motorcycle will be this SL350. I am simplifying my life, and the Honda will fit that bill to a T.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Welcome - and that's great, awesome that you can do that. Absolutely enjoy the trip, maybe check in here and post a few pics now and then as you go along, and when you get back this place will be here when you need it. As for right now, a few pics of the SL350 would be great too!

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
We have a section called "Ride Reports" where your upcoming experiences will fit right in, no matter what you're riding. Let us know your route and maybe some of us will have an opportunity to meet you or even offer a hand along the way.

Welcome to the group.

Got pictures?:p

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
<--- What they said.

Where are you starting out and where are you heading?

Camping or Motels? Some members may have suggestions and a spot to turn a wrench if needed.

Enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<--- Where are you heading?
Where ever I end up I guess...

The plan is, to not have a plan. Right to the core of it all.

Well, the plan right now is to have the house on the market no later than September. I have a feeling that will come sooner. Depending on when it sells, depends on when I leave. I'm flexible. There is no hurry. My support system here is solid.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Eureka Springs in northern Arkansas is a very cool town and biker friendly. Swing in there if you’re in the area ?

Also, great overall riding in that part of the Ozarks

- Tom

1 - 11 of 11 Posts