Honda Twins banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a couple of Battery Tender Jr,'s a few weeks ago, and waited to evaluate them before posting.
They're outstanding, I can highly recommend them.

This place has a sweet deal, only $19.99, with very modest shipping (fast, too).
http://www.derbycycles.com/cgi-bin/eShop/index.cgi?pid=2601&cart_id=9078101.90643

Comes with a quick disconnect that you permanently hook up to your battery.
The AC power comes from a "wall wart", but that's life I guess.

Everyone here should have one of these for each bike, for sure.
Battery is always fully charged, no danger of overcharging - just unplug the quick disconnect and ride off into the sunset, smiling......

If you have a bunch of bikes, you may want to look at one of the multi-bike (more $$$) units, but these suit me just fine.

·
Premium Member
5,610 Posts
Totally agree. I bought one last year for the KZ and love it. The quick connect is great, come home from a ride and just plug it in. No more worries really.

Once I get the CB on the road I'll either buy another one or just the quick connect part and alternate.

·
Registered
175 Posts
For "on the road" there are solar powered ones. In normal use, like the bike maybe sits only about a week without being run, I've never had battery problems with the 450 or 500T(save for when the positive connector strap broke), and I go camping with the bike for weeks at a time to where there's no AC power without any concern. I do generally kick start the motor, though, figuring that's a pretty heavy load for a small battery.

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I don't really have battery problems either - but I don't want to.
My bikes have to sit all winter in brutal Lake Michigan cold, it's HARD on batteries. We only have a 6-7 month riding season here, realistically.
Now I can just forget about it.......I go out and start them once a week in the winter, it will be nice to have an uncompromised battery.

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
I have one of those. When I first got my XS it had a lot of charging issues and couldnt keep a full charge in the battery for more than 4 days. The quick connect is perfect for keeping your bike mobile til you resolve the charging issue.

·
Registered
785 Posts
I have been using and promoting the use of Battery Tenders for years.
I don't need one on my Blackbird and have one on my CBX that I don't need either because I have an AGM battery and another on my CL350K3.
I wish there was an AGM battery in the 12A-A size that properly fit the bike.
The AGM battery on my CBX is about 3 pounds lighter and quite a few inches smaller than the OEM battery and I had to jam a shim in there to keep the battery stable.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts