Honda Twins banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I got my friends 1970 cb350 going and it ran perfect for about a week and here is what happened.

---Blinkers went from slow to fast and then just stayed on

---Battery quit charging.

I DID find a torn brown wire coming from the ignition so I'm guessing that has something to do with it. Can anyone tell me what this wire goes to at all? Could this effect the charging?

·
Sensei
27,021 Posts
Brown wire feeds power to the taillight......Has nothing to do with the battery re-charging......

IF it was shorted to ground, it COULD cause battery discharge, but the fuse SHOULD have blown....

My GUESS is that the rectifier failed (internally shorted) and you were running AC to the battery...depleting it......
This also could account for the rapid flasher rate until the bimetallic strip contacts welded together, keeping the lights constantly on......
Similar circumstances could occur IF the regulator and one diode in the rectifier failed......

Feel free to phone...540-525-5199....Steve

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay, thanks so much! I plan to go check it out tomorrow and see what I can find. This bike had some electrical issues when he first got it. The fuse kept blowing. We shall see! Thanks again for the number.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi guys!

Sorry, I don't like to leave a post hanging so I thought I would update.. THIS is strange for sure.. So I pulled the little rubber boot off of the ignition of my buddies bike AND... The tail light wire and the other brown/white WEREN'T EVEN CONNECTED! What's even more strange is that the tail light still works! How is this possible? He's been riding it by kick starting but riding around with a pretty much dead battery can't be that great for it.. A new ignition is on it's way soon.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts