Honda Twins banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a 72 CB350 that I'm looking at swapping out the base winkers due to pitting corrosion and am wanting to know if there is a way to swap them out without having to dig deep into the headlight bucket and fish through gobs of a wiring harness to disconnect the wires to the winkers. Hoping I could do it at the stem ? Am asking this now before I dig in and possibly make more work of this than need to.
Any help or guidance is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
It may be possible to splice into the wires, but honestly if the wiring in the headlight bucket intimidates you, adding more complexity won't make things easier.

Finding where your turn signal wires go isn't hard. Take the headlight mounting screws out and store them in a safe place. Unplug the headlight and store it in a safe place as well.
Take focused, well lit photos before you begin. Trace the path of one wire at a time and take lots of photos. Mark wires with different colored tape if you need to, or masking tape with notes written to tell you what connects where. Use a notebook too, jot down your thoughts and don't let it intimidate you. Front turn signals are only 2 or 3 wires each, the wires will be different colors or will be marked with colored bands near the connector ends.
The nuts that your winker stalks thread into at the inside left and right of your headlight shell may have green wires attached to them, if you have these they are your winkers 'third wire' providing a 'ground' connection to the chassis of your bike.

Photos, notes, tape markings, and of course post photos here and ask questions (or receive a pat on the back afterward)

You can do this.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts