Honda Twins banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a question for the pros: 73 cb450, I have a stock size tire with proper psi, my chain is tightened to spec and spoke’s and axel are all tight.
My problem is at about 55 up my back end wants’ to wander she will sometime shimmy for a quick second, like a backend slide out. I know wind is sometimes a factor but she will do this on a dead day? a stomach drop!

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
josh 450t said:
So a question for the pros: 73 cb450, I have a stock size tire with proper psi, my chain is tightened to spec and spoke’s and axel are all tight.
My problem is at about 55 up my back end wants’ to wander she will sometime shimmy for a quick second, like a backend slide out. I know wind is sometimes a factor but she will do this on a dead day? a stomach drop!
Front fork head set bearings, loose
Rear swing arm pivot bushes worn
One rear shock stuffed (or both)
front forks worn or no oil (or both)
Tires worn or gone hard

Rod from OZ :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
Makes ya feel ALIVE dont it :lol: Maybe also a centre of balance discrepency due to lowered forks or rear shocks?? My XS was lowered by the PO and on occasion will give me a severe thrill....just need to save up $550 for some lovely Konis :D

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
leethal said:
Makes ya feel ALIVE dont it :lol: Maybe also a centre of balance discrepency due to lowered forks or rear shocks?? My XS was lowered by the PO and on occasion will give me a severe thrill....just need to save up $550 for some lovely Konis :D
Mate your better off buying second hand ones from Ebay and getting RAD Shocks to rebuild them, mine cost a lot less than IKON's and are imo better.

Rod from OZ :cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you I need to check this out! So if I have a 73 5 speed I would use the 283 number?

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
josh 450t said:
Thank you I need to check this out! So if I have a 73 5 speed I would use the 283 number?
You'd be way ahead in the game to get the bronze bushings mentioned.......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts