Honda Twins banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone !

So earlier I was having an issue with 1 cylinder not working on my CL350. After replacing both points and the condenser I can now get the bike started and more importantly to stay on.
However, it's this darn right side carb again, I get little puffs of white smoke and some backfire from the exhaust and from the airbox intake when it's idle and increases in frequency when I give it some gas.

I'm going do my rounds on the google box but is this a jetting / float issue ? Or something completely new ?
Both my floats are at 25mm, and jets are at 70 and 105 (had to use a rebuild kit from common-motor)

·
Registered
13 Posts
First, is it running on both cylinders? (Pipes hot?) If you have a timing light, hook it up on right side to see if it's firing consistently. Have you synchronized your carbs? That is to make sure the throttle moves at exactly the same instant on both carbs. Then adjust idle mixture on both for best idle. Then set idle speed by turning speed screws each the same amount. Forgive if I've told you stuff you already know?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did the timing on the bike, cam, then valves, then points (man the right side was a pain in the butt)
The carbs:

They are synced in both from the throttle cables (they both engage at the same time) and by the idle screws. The air fuel mixture screws, were turned all the way closed, and then 2 full turns on both sides and then 1/4 turns on both sides until they stopped revving up.

Bike stays on, both cylinders are running. I just can't seem to get the carbs right, when I give it gas it putters and takes a while to get up to high RPM, with occasional backfire, and what feels like the carbs still giving the motor too much gas.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts