Honda Twins banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I am looking to find out what the compatibility is between the different Honda twin models for back rests/sissy bars/luggage racks. I see a lot listed for CB and CL models, and less for CM series, and then there is a spread of years for both. Does anyone have a list, or anecdotal experience fitting one on to a bike not originally designed for?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
I had a CM400 backrest on my CB450K6, it worked ok but couldn't open the seat.

Automotive tire Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Auto part

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had a CM400 backrest on my CB450K6, it worked ok but couldn't open the seat.

View attachment 247450
Interesting, so not only did the bolt spacing work out alright, but the angle looks pretty level on the luggage rack side too. I wonder if a CB/CL backrest will sit too far back when put on a CM? That is the combo I am most interested in. I assume your seat swings open, where as the CM seats just lift at the back and slide rear ward. Guessing the CB backrest sits farther back to allow this?

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
My seat opens on the side. I did have to use spacers at the mount. The grab bar is for the 450, I did not use the 400 grab bar, it had spacers built into it but didn't fit.

The 11 1/2 is really 9 1/2

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My seat opens on the side. I did have to use spacers at the mount. The grab bar is for the 450, I did not use the 400 grab bar, it had spacers built into it but didn't fit.

The 11 1/2 is really 9 1/2

Just so it is clear, the grab bar pictured is off a CM400? Or a CB?

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
cm400. it had built in stand offs, I had to make spacers for the 450.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts