Honda Twins banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, got another Honda Twin again.

A 1975 CB360T with extended family history.

My older brother bought it brand new in Ohio in 1975.
He sold it to my other older brother a few years later.
That brother sold it to ME down in Miami and it was my first street bike in High School and college - 1982 thru about 86 or so.
I sold it back to older brother.
He kept it in the garage for years & years until his OWN son was old enough to drive it.
Nephew gave it to his grandpa (my dad) after a while.
My dad is getting rid of stuff as he gets older and older, so bike showed up back in MY garage last night.

Poor bike has been ridden hard and put away wet, though, in those intervening years, including a crash or two.

It needs starter clutch work right off, plus carbs de-varnished as it's been sitting a year or so. The usual sit-around type stuff, too. But, it got new tires not too long ago and got new rings a few thousand miles back.

But, it's got that HISTORY for me... :D :D

Here's a few pix from back in the day, and a few more from last night.

Woo Hoo! :lol:

Kirk

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
I understand exactly how you feel. The 450 I restored was my own I bought it when I was 19 (57 Now) and due to having to buy a house raise a familly, father not allowing me to keep it in the garage at his house, it stood outside for 12 years.
It was really sad when I moved to this house ansd see the delapidated state she was in. 12 years later she is running again and I love it.

Then on a nice enjoyable ride I got lasered a couple of days ago though. The machine was clearly out, it showed me at 36mph when I was really only on 30-32 the needles waver a bit. Hey Ho.
Will keep you posted to see if I can prove the laser wrong that will be an interesting time.

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
That is a keeper !!!!
I have always loved the CB360 stock mufflers.
Congratulations on getting it.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Nice save, it will have new life and serve happily. What I noticed right away is not puddle underneath, sweet.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Nice bike with an awesome history. Keep her around! Are you goin gto try to bring her back to original color also? Cool bike again :cool:

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey, thanks for all the positive comments!

Yep, I have kids, but neither of the two older ones are into vintage. Oldest boy likes modern dual-sports and younger boy can take or leave bikes generally.

Well, for now, I'll just get 'er back running again and clean up a few of the more glaring problems, both mechanically and cosmetically.

Later on, I'll decide about going back to stock paint. The maroon doesn't do anything for me, but it doesn't do anything against me, either. But other than the paint, I plan to keep it stock-looking.

Kirk

·
Registered
207 Posts
How many miles are on it now?

I think a stock paint job (graphics are available) and chrome front fender will go a long way in adding value and desireability to that baby- if it's in the budget! That and a pair of stock grips- those 80's foams gotta go. Good luck with the project.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts