Honda Twins banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been a while since I've been here. I found and purchased a 74 CB450 with 4600 miles on it. It is very complete but very very dirt with the worst being the rear rim. The paint should clean up great and is not faded. Best part of all is it hasn't been messed with. Everything is there and should come out nice. First up is to hear it fire up. I finally got the gas cap opened as the previous owner (since 1975) had put a locating gas cap on it and it wouldn't open. I'm thinking that's why he stopped riding it. It still has 1984 gas in it! Oh joy. Oh and the best part-it came with a 1947 Doodlebug mini bike which is way cool.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
You never said what happened to the other 450 you were working on in your older posts (the one that was free). Good to see one that will get restored to original... I bought my CL with the intent from the beginning to make a street-legal version of a drag bike I had back in the day, so mine's not stock, but it's nice to see when someone picks up a 450 that has potential to stay original. Enjoy the 34 year old gas... :eek: got any pictures?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
image.jpg image.jpg The other 450 went to a friend who needed it for some parts. In all it wasn't that good of a bike. This one is excellent. I'll put up some better pics when I get it on my lift.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts