Honda Twins banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Axle thread size and pitch UPDATE

Need to buy a thread die for rear axle. Boggered it up trying to get rear axle out of a wheel on a cb450sc 1986, that had been sitting for some time. Anyone got the right thread and pitch? I used my calipers and got 16mm but not sure of pitch. TIA

Ok, I looked at the manual and it states a 14 mm thread for axle nut. so shaft should be same. But no pitch. Help !

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
You're correct about the 16mm size. I don't have a nut or axle handy to check thread pitch but anyone with an '82 or newer model CB or CM can check since that nut is the same

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, I'm gonna go with that and buy a die for it. But I'm gonna go by Fastenal store and get the right pitch tomorrow. Just wanted to order now.

BTW. I thought I was gonna try to mount my own tires. But these bias are hard. Don't want to flex.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Just go to an autoparts store and see if they have a loaner thread chaser set, most do. This set is designed to clean up existing threads, not cut new ones like a die, and you do not have to buy it for one use.
TOOLS

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
UPDATE. Went by the local owned auto parts store. They have dang near everything. It's a 16mm x 1.50 . They had a die for 10 bucks , so I purchased it and rethreaded. All is well. Thanks for input.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts