Honda Twins banner

At my wits end!!!!

5K views 45 replies 13 participants last post by  CBaby 
If it were me, I would

1- check the pistons move freely
2- check the floats don't have holes, and set the height at an angle, not 90 degrees
3- sync them so the butterflies open the same amount at the same time.
4- how did you vacuum sync your carbs? Pls post pic.
5- set idle around 1200rpm, even adjustment both sides.
6- go for a ride

Oh man, I thought this was for a 350. I don't know much on the 360s, but can't hurt to try a higher float at the dude above suggested? If 18.5 is spec then 16 will drown your carbs. Is it possible to put the carb pistons on backwards on this model?
I don't know if it's frowned upon, but maybe try higher float and shim the jet needle to compensate?

To clarify, by higher float height I meant go to the stock 18.5mm and shim the jet needle to richen things up

Oh man, I thought this was for a 350. I don't know much on the 360s, but can't hurt to try a higher float at the dude above suggested? If 18.5 is spec then 16 will drown your carbs. Is it possible to put the carb pistons on backwards on this model?
I don't know if it's frowned upon, but maybe try higher float and shim the jet needle to compensate?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.