Honda Twins banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 CB250 Nighthawk. I rebuilt the carburetor and it runs great but I find myself with an extra hose. It's a drain hose that runs through the eyelet installed on the right rear top carburetor screw. It is partially double-shielded. I don't see a place on the carb, fuel petcock, or air box where it might attach, and the manual doesn't show hose routings. Any ideas?
Thanks
Randy
Automotive tire Tire Automotive lighting Bicycle tire Hood

· Registered
1,995 Posts
i vote with Boomer and PoiPio. Sometimes PO s will change the air box or air filter and there wont be any place to install the hose so just run it out by the rear wheel. Just dont put it where it will hang up in anything.

Bill H

· Registered
269 Posts
Believe it or not, this is taken from a old 1950's NASCAR tuning trick for a balance factor. So the factory sort of sees it as both, I'm sure, is one for emissions loop, and a free performance loop at the same time.

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nothing on the back of the motor. It does run down with the other drain tubes. No attachments at the air box so It does not run to there. I was hoping someone might have a similar model.

· Registered
1,886 Posts
Nothing seen on the back of the mother...

Lol, dam predictive text, but fitting....but a missing word I hear lol.

Mother should read engine

Are you sure ?

Using your info 03 cb250 nighthawk, find your bike on CMSNL.com

Goto crank case section...

See F15, which is at the rear of the engine and looks very much like a crank case breather to me....

I have seen similar crankcase breather positions before, some even being "hidden"....

Your model is not very common in the UK .

Check/search CMSNL for the hose, probably in the air filter section.

CMSNL is free to view and a little easier to use than partzilla, at least on this tiny screen internet phone.

🎅Dd23

· Registered
269 Posts
Me bad. Here I'm thinking 400 S for senior moment. So it's the correct point (F15) to, is DD's parts lookup, left case side, rear of engine. Is a hole attached to this? Because that's a pretty big diameter to plug into a carb? LOL. Get it?

Say you look at air cleaner, and canister. Can't be from the carb because any in/out/overfill hose are not that diameter off the carb. There are not too may hoses to figure out. Say both ends are dirt free. Then you know it's sealed at both end or one dirty end hits atmosphere. Good luck. Think: Home he here at home does not need another bike/man you will figure it out soon enough.

· Registered
269 Posts
Then down to canister? That's a hellofa hook needed to aim down at [F-29] and [what looks like] a smaller diameter nipple to that larger hose diameter.

OP says? Breather hose is in place? So count this out.

· Registered
269 Posts
I left the scene around year 2000. Never saw #26 have a diameter that large for the hose in question. More looks like a hose that is going to wear a band to rub first around it, so it's a leaner on the frame someplace?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts