Honda Twins banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
Like the title states I am at a complete loss. My 1974 cb200 will start to misfire very badly/ dying/ stuttering until it all together shuts off after the bike is warm.
And it still does this even after a full top end rebuild. New gaskets, cleaned head, lapped valves, honed cylinders, and new piston rings.
Not only that but,
New condenser, new ignition points, new plugs, new battery, new ignition coils.
Rebuild carbs and brand new petcock.
What on earth could cause this issue? A bad ignition coil even though new?

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
Does it do this just idling? After riding a few miles?

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
What do your plugs look like?
What brand points you using?

It's fine cold and has issues when warm? You have an intake leak? Re torque the head? Floats not functioning?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What do your plugs look like?
What brand points you using?

It's fine cold and has issues when warm? You have an intake leak? Re torque the head? Floats not functioning?
Plugs were literally put in yesterday. I have yet to check them. I’ll check the head nuts . Intake leak is possible, the carb gaskets to head are old, and the ignition points are oem brand, they may be reproduction.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
When you said the carbs were re-built, did they get ultrasonically cleaned? Or all the little transfers and jets poked and wiggled with a strand of bicycle cable?

Did you use new fuel line?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
When you said the carbs were re-built, did they get ultrasonically cleaned? Or all the little transfers and jets poked and wiggled with a strand of bicycle cable?

Did you use new fuel line?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The carbs were not ultrasonically cleaned. I used carb cleaning sticks, and a lot of carb cleaner. The fuel lines are new.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts