Honda Twins banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm asking because I see quite a few bikes I like on CT (CB350s...), by private sellers, but I'm not sure how to go about doing the actual transaction (payment, shipment, title transfer, etc.) and from what little I can see CT does not actually offer any kind of interface to do it... so I'm wondering if someone else has done it and how. Obviously it carries an element of risk, but it's not like I'd be buying a $4k bike like this... I actually bought a guitar from a forum (another forum) member once and we did the transaction on PayPal, shipping was involved, it went flawlessly and we were both very happy. Do people typically use PayPal for something like this too?

Sorry if it's a newb question..

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
I have bought bikes from long distance sellers. I PayPal a deposit. This acts as a contract, and then I mail a postal money order. The seller then mails the title/paperwork to me and I arrange to have it shipped. I use Bud's Quick Ship to ship the bikes. Bud has given me excellent service. Just Google him.
TOOLS

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. Out of curiosity (because I'll be out of the country for most of August so I wouldn't be able to receive the bike during that time - and no, I'm not that guy from CL whose butler will take care of the transaction :p), how long does the entire transaction usually take until the bike arrives at your door, and how much is shipping (ballpark)? The tool on the CT website estimates $200 for shipping the bike from Ohio to Baltimore (MD), which sounds really cheap to me - hence must be too good to be true :-D.

·
Registered
866 Posts
I bought my KLR unseen and got u-ship to bring it down to me 8hrs away. Put 98000km on that bike. If you get a good feeling from the seller it might be ok but trust your gut and get a second person to make sure your making a smart purchase.

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
I bought a bike off ebay with paypal and used https://haulbikes.com/ to ship it to me with no problems but be very leery, lots of scammers out there.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's that red 1973 CB350 that was posted recently. :p It looks like it's in pretty good shape...

·
Registered
138 Posts
Here's the real question. Did you send money to a stranger off the internet in hopes that they would send the bike?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts