Honda Twins banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,402 Posts
China carbs. are junk,imo... :roll: I prefer Made in Japan carburetors,even good,used oem original carbs. and then rebuild them.I have always done that and never had a problem after that.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
The seller cannot even set them up for a picture correctly. That choke lever will be hard to reach. Seriously, what if you ever needed replacement parts? Pretuned? Don't bet on it.

·
Premium Member
2,074 Posts
O.K I would not buy them but If I needed them I may consider it. The price is
very good for a set. My buddy bought one for a ct70 and has had no issues for a
couple of years.
That said I would scoop up Simos as fast as you can.

·
Registered
37 Posts
i put one on my ct110.
it works great. it was pretuned.

i probably would not put it on my scrambler, tho.... not sure why.

i also bought one for a kawa kh100 i own, but it is the wrong size... not sure if thats a strike against me, or the carb :)

·
Premium Member
3,002 Posts
Back in my monkey bike days, I bought an engine that came complete with a carb, stated to be a Mikuni VM26.

I couldn't get it to run properly. Turned out to be a fake. I bought a genuine VM26 at some expense from Allens Performance, with jetting as specified by a forum member who knew what he was doing ( I didn't :confused: ). Engine ran a treat.

Genuine Mikuni VM26 carb? Are you sure it's genuine??????

·
Registered
14 Posts
Every time I try to clean or work on a carb, I'm amazed that they are able to mass produce these fiddly things. I rebuilt a CT90 carb 3 times. Soaked it, ultrasonic cleaned it, bought the special wires to clean all the ports, kit with new gaskets, etc. It was beautiful and still ran like crap. Same thing with an S90 carb. Bought a Chinese carb off ebay for $35 (?) and it ran great. For the price (little more than the carb rebuild kit), it was worth the risk and in my case it worked out.

In the 60s and early 70s, when many of our bikes were built, Made in Japan meant it was junk (or so we thought). I think the Chinese are figuring things out and quality seems to be steadily improving.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Not sure where they are made.. but I've got multiple kits from 4into1.. all good quality..
The latest was a kit for a S90... bike sat for 30 years.. starts and runs like a top..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts