Honda Twins banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2000 Polaris 325 with a blown engine. A 330 will also fit into the bay without modification. I'm also interested in getting a different motorcycle engine all together and retrofitting it into the bike. Only problem is that the Polaris has a right side sprocket on the rear axle. Any ideas?

Thanks all!

-Matt

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
Flip the axle......or Sportster engine....

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
66Sprint said:
Flip the axle......or Sportster engine....
I was thinking about flipping the axle but I wasn't sure if the it spinning the opposite direction would affect anything mechanically. How much trouble do you thinking throwing another engine in there would be? It'd certainly be fun... :twisted:

Anyone know of a place with engines on the cheap? lol :mrgreen:

Attachments

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
I'm assuming it has a live axle rather than a "limited slip" differential type....and that some sort of disc brake can have the caliper remounted.........Plus reversing the shock mounts or carrying arms........It will require some tinkering, but shouldn't be that hard to do....... I managed to graft 1/2 a Suzuki drive shaft and swingarm to 1/2 a Yamaha set-up for use on a customized Suzuki Intruder (Yammie wheels, differential and forks...hand hammered bodywork.....)

Almost anything CAN be done, just should it be?..........

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts