Honda Twins banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been riding less than a year and I want to learn more about troubleshooting and fixing things on my own. I'm looking for anyone in Los Angeles who may be willing to invite me to shadow when they're working on their bike! Or more folks to ride with in general.

I absolutely love riding my CB350, but hardly know anything about the mechanics of the bike. It's discouraging when something goes wrong and I have no idea what to do and no one to call for help. Sometimes I feel so overwhelmed that I think I should probably just sell the bike and move on, but I love riding it too much to do that! I've been learning little things here and there, but I had no mechanic skills whatsoever prior to getting a motorcycle so it's been a struggle. It seems like it's just one thing after another with my bike and i've already poured thousands into it at the shop.

Shoot me a message! Thanks!

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
There are folks in your area, likely someone can help.

Browsing the 350 section of the forum could be informative and of course an authentic factory service manual is an absolute necessity. Got one of those? (If not help is available).

Welcome to the group.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Yes, bdillion - I was once like you. After a couple of shop trips I realized I'd better learn how to work on it myself. Get a manual and some decent tools. These are simple machines, not too much to damage beyond repair, and they need consistent maintenance. Not like a new bike.

I'm in Seal beach and can't be a lot of help as far as "shadowing", but there is a lot of info on this forum that will get you where you need to be. First stop - don't be afraid of it. I had mechanical experience but only on old cars. With this forum and another I belong to, if I needed to I could rebuild a whole bike now - maybe, at least I'd feel confident in trying to.

Welcome.

·
Registered
539 Posts
The Clymer has fans and haters - some of the info may or may not be correct. Dig around and find the Honda Service Manual. Then, spend a few days just reading it. You've ridden the bike so you'll know all the parts.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the words of wisdom and the tip on the service manual! The forums are certainly helpful when it comes to troubleshooting.

I definitely lack confidence to work on my own bike, but now that i'm running out of money from all of these shop visits... the time has come. :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts