Honda Twins banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
13315-MC0-005

I can’t seem to find any on eBay or the parts fiche.

Just need one but will buy a pair of needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
459 Posts
Are you sure you need bearing "B"? My dealers fiche shows it available for $11.89

Reactions: Alan F.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Didn’t even realize the crank beings were as complex as the are. First time messing with them. So I have the old set still and some platiguage so I am going to measure the clearance with the old set and then figure out which bearings I need/if I need them.

A s I should have done in the first place.

I think I will replace the oil pressure switch with a actual pressure gauge to monitor oil pressure. Had anyone done this?

Also, is there a good way to make sure the top is getting good oil flow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
459 Posts
Plastigauge will only show you the current bearing clearance. For selecting a new bearing you need to use a micrometer and a snap gauge to get accurate readings of the rod big end ID and rod journal OD. Detailed instructions are in section 13 of the Bible. Might as well check crank runout while you are there.

I have contemplated an analog oil pressure gauge. I have plans to use a remote mounted oil cooler for more consistent temps and want one in-line. Haven't been able to source one yet though. I just checked and the oil pressure switch seems to be a 12mm taper, probably an NPT. Shouldn't be too hard to put an automotive pressure sensor switch there and wire up either an analog or digital gauge.

How do you mean make sure of top end flow? As in while riding? Not aware that's possible. During tear down or a valve adjustment, or randomly when you're bored just pull the cam cover and have a peek. It should look the same every time. things to watch out for are uneven or undue wear, galling, pitting, corrosion, excess play. Any of those things usually mean oil wasn't getting there. Also there should be oil in the oil bath pockets below the cam.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts