Honda Twins banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was just looking at their website http://www.sportwheel.com/index.html and I'm impressed enough to want to stop by there on my vacation :mrgreen:.
Don't know how the wife and kiddies will feel about it. "We're gonna see the biggest ball of twine in Minnesota, right after I stop by this motorcycle place..." Wife = :evil: , I'm sure.

Anywho... anybody been there?

Cheers,
Red

·
Registered
439 Posts
Been there and highly recommend the stop!! too much for the eye, mind, and budget to take in one sitting... be sure to leave all major credit cards at home!

i try to play it safe and make a list. then the i take along a buddy who fits the following critieria:
1. can read and perform basic math
2. doesn't care about motobikes
3. does care about my mental survival
4. is strong enuff to drag me away when things begin to get outta hand

enjoy and take photos :)
danWI

·
Registered
140 Posts
I was there today looking for some exhaust flanges...which they have THOUSANDS of...just not the exact one's I was looking for. I think mine were only on CB/CL450s for 2 years. Here's a crappy cell phone panoramic of one area at Sportwheels.

·
Registered
234 Posts
This place is amazing. Yes, if you have an old honda bike, and you have the chance, go there. If nothing else you will begin to feel that your project bike isn't really in that bad of shape. I have yet to buy something from there, but it seems that the prices are about what you would expect from a place that needs to make money on used parts- not horrible but not the best bargain in the world. The perk is that you get your hands on the piece before you buy it, so you know exactly what shape it is in. Plus then you get to take it home and start work immediately... no shipping time :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Lots of stuff ("junk") there - if you go, make sure you take your time and find the best possible example of the piece you need. They'll charge you 50% of new regardless of the condition..

Also - take a look in their bike shed. They've got one of Evel Knievel's Snake River bikes at the back.. :!:

·
Registered
121 Posts
it is the disney world & vegas rolled into one for the bike builder/restorer. so many cool things. don't forget to check the little shelves and cubbies. don't be fooled, the lady who owns and runs the place has forgotten more about bikes than I'll ever know.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Oddly enough, I lived next to the place for almost 20 years, in Belle Plaine, MN, and didn't realize it's value before seeing that picture. I always thought that they just sold used bikes. I noticed the last post is a little old, so it may not have shown their new location, which is just down the road from their old one, but it is huge and I will be sure to stop by now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts