Honda Twins banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody recognizes these handlebars and the speedo? They came mounted on my CB450 K1 forks but don't look like 450 parts.

[attachment=1:2r1ml666]SSA52668-1024.jpg[/attachment:2r1ml666]

[attachment=0:2r1ml666]SSA52669-1024.jpg[/attachment:2r1ml666]

Attachments

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
Sorry Ronnie they dont look like anything I have seen before :(

Nice detail of the engine rebuild though :D
Looking great for the grand european tour

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
The top clamp looks like it could be K1- they had the top fork bolts that went through the clamp like that.
The bars and speedo mount are just B.S aftermarket/homemade stuff.
The speedo is some sort of non-US type, don't know.

·
Premium Member
2,154 Posts
Speedo looks Suzuki.
Canadian?

·
Premium Member
1,936 Posts
Exactly right, Brewsky. I used to ride with a guy back in the early '70s who had a gold CB450K1. He wanted higher bars (Easy Rider was a big hit movie in '69), but refused to pay what the Honda dealer wanted. He hit the bicycle shop instead. The center serrated section where the bars were to clamp in the bicycle stem post showed, but didn't bother him. Wonder if it is the same bike after all these years???

·
Registered
54 Posts
fxray said:
Exactly right, Brewsky. I used to ride with a guy back in the early '70s who had a gold CB450K1. He wanted higher bars (Easy Rider was a big hit movie in '69), but refused to pay what the Honda dealer wanted. He hit the bicycle shop instead. The center serrated section where the bars were to clamp in the bicycle stem post showed, but didn't bother him. Wonder if it is the same bike after all these years???
Hate to admit it, but mine came off my little sisters old bicycle, and went on my Triumph Tiger Cub.
Had to buy longer cables, though.

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys for all the tips. Now that you mention it I'm also thinking they are bicycle bars. Well I'm throwing them away anyway but the triple tree (and the whole assembly) as Bill spotted are from my CB450 K1.

fxray said:
Wonder if it is the same bike after all these years???
Only if your friend emigrated to Sweden. :D

·
Premium Member
1,936 Posts
"Only if your friend emigrated to Sweden."

Yeah, I noticed that after I posted, but I didn't think anyone would catch it. :oops:

I do remember that there were a lot of used bikes going overseas from around here back in that era (by the sea van load), so it is possible. For a long time it was hard to find used bikes in my area. However, I think most of those were going to Asia.

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
fxray said:
"Only if your friend emigrated to Sweden."

Yeah, I noticed that after I posted, but I didn't think anyone would catch it. :oops:

I do remember that there were a lot of used bikes going overseas from around here back in that era (by the sea van load), so it is possible. For a long time it was hard to find used bikes in my area. However, I think most of those were going to Asia.
Good point. We are still importing loads of containers with old bikes and cars from the US. There is a youth culture here in Sweden that started in the 50's that's involves american muscle cars, hot rods and brylcreem. I think I heard reasontly that Sweden is the worlds biggest importer of vintage american cars.

Typical swedish vintage car meeting. Snapped this photo in august this summer. :D
[attachment=0:1at1xose]SSA52526-1024.jpg[/attachment:1at1xose]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,936 Posts
Well, at least it appears that you Swedes are taking good care of the old cars. I had 1957 and 1963 Chevy's like the ones in your picture (except different colors). I probably used the Brylcream years ago as well. I guess it's a two-way street. My wife's father came over here from Sweden when he was 4 yrs old, making my wife a first generation American. Her nickname is "Swede".

1 - 12 of 12 Posts