Honda Twins banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Nope, just checked. Bot-O-Rama still on display over at 305...in different languages too!

·
Registered
521 Posts
Not a member ..often thought of joining as I own a '64 CB72. Some really good info on there including an in depth rebuild thead of a '61 UK CB72 by my now good buddy Graham Curtis (GMan on there) However, I joined the Facebook group for the CB72/77 and both Graham and Honda guru Bill Silver regularly contribute on there now, which is also an excellent resource of info on those models.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I still log in occasionally but there hasn't been much traffic lately. Today, however, was the first time that I received a warning that the site was not secure. I didn't complete my login. Anybody know what this means? Is it the fatal blow that we figured may happen sooner or later?

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
No, it's just because the site hasn't been converted to https (encrypted and secure) and based on the apparent abandonment, it may not ever be. That said, it could become further infested with criminal element because of it as well so over time it will probably become more risky to visit

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
But that doesn't help or offer any info as to the status of the Honda305 website, which is what this thread was really about

·
Registered
286 Posts
It appears the spam and spammers have been purged. Traffic has picked up just today. Downside: doing a Google search for topics leads to "page not found". I emailed the hosting Co. about that. So far have not heard back. I hope that can be fixed, as the archival aspect of both these sites is so important. I've always found the site search feature fairly useless. Maybe I just don't know how to use it effectively.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I am a member of the Honda305.com & have been for a number of years, way before the twins evolved. Lot of good folks & info there. Now, it isn't as active there, as it is here. BUT, The Twins has undergone a lot of changes, from back when it started up AND there have been a lot of Great ideas, put into this one AND it shows. Proud to have been a part of it's beginning (but I can't & won't take any credit away from those who are responsible, for the changes. I hate to see any forum go down & some of us, have seen several just up & go away, for one reason or another.

But, there is still a lot of info & good folks over there, at the 305.com, too. ;)

Reactions: J-T

·
Registered
54 Posts
Looks like it is making a recovery as we speak!

Hope they are able to restore the lost pic attachments, but that may be asking too much...….

·
Read Only
47 Posts
I am a 305 member also, joining several years ago when I acquired my first CL77 project bike that someone gave to me. This thread header led me to this Twins forum. Third post here, so hello all.

I say “am,” but not sure if I’m still a member or not. I ordered one of the CL77 parts catalogs about a week ago that was offered in their literature section. Received an acknowledgement, but that was it. Heard, or seen nothing after that, nor has the CD arrived in the mail.

To complicate matters, I noticed that they were using my wrong email address. Was verizon.net through an AOL connection, but is now a gmail.com address. An AOL link was forwarding the mail to me, but I wanted to get it straight, so I changed it in my profile. I got an automated note saying that my account had been deactivated due to my making a profile change, but I would get a follow up note after the administrator reactivated it. That was several days ago, but follow up note has arrived, so I am locked out. At least it came to the correct address.

I should have left well enough alone with the profile until after I heard something back about the CD.

So, I guess we wait. :-(

·
Read Only
47 Posts
My membership still hasn't been reactivated for the site, haven't gotten a response from the administrator, nor have I ever received the CD I ordered through them. Filed a complaint with PayPal, and after several weeks of their trying to contact Mr. Stoic, nothing, so they refunded my money. A shame, but guess it is what it is.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The 305 site is working but very sparse. I'm not actively working on my CL77 now but I still check in occasionally and notice very few posts lately. Ed Moore (LM) just returned after several months of inactivity. He's one of the stalwart members with vast knowledge of old Hondas. Even without a lot of traffic the site is a treasure trove of information on the old 305s and 250s. Using the search function will get answers to 99% of all the questions you could imagine.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
I made the mistake of updating my email address on the 305 forum because I wasn’t getting email notifications for private messages. I missed a very important one. Now I’m stuck in limbo, unable to log onto the site. Looks like it has been abandoned again.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I made the mistake of updating my email address on the 305 forum because I wasn’t getting email notifications for private messages. I missed a very important one. Now I’m stuck in limbo, unable to log onto the site. Looks like it has been abandoned again.
I registered on the Honda305 forum weeks ago and the site still won't recognise my login details. I sent an email asking about it but have had no reply yet.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts