Honda Twins banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought an 8 cell antigravity lithium battery for my CM400T. The battery has been sitting around on the shelf for the last year. What's the best way to charge the battery or keep it topped up? Can I use my 'Battery Tender" charger, or does the lithium battery require a specific charger for lithium? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
I think most of the lithium batteries have manufacturer specific chargers, check their website under FAQ's
Note that these batteries are very sensitive to charge voltages, your stock system will overcharge it. Need to change the voltage regulator to a MOSFET type. There's a sticky in this section on that

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The manufacturer has chargers on their website but they don't recommend which charger to use for my 8 cell motorcycle lithium battery. Each charger has different specs. Am I correct in assuming that what I need is a 12 volt lithium battery charger? If so, I think I can find one cheaper elsewhere. Looks like "battery tender" makes one...

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Found it. I ordered the Optimate Lithium Battery Charger from GPBIKES.COM (free shipping). Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts