Honda Twins banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Searched the forum for what I was looking for and couldn't find it so I figured I'd ask.

I'll give as much information as I can think of, if I'm missing anything, let me know. So I've got a 1972 CB350. All the wiring is good, well...was before I put on new controls. And that's where my issue lies. I did mark which wire goes where so I know I have the correct colors connecting. The new control does not follow the same wiring colors so I had to follow the directions included, but ran into a few problems. The instructions call for the headlight main wire, high beam wire and low beam wire. I know for certain the high beam is the blue wire (on the honda coloring) but I cannot figure out what the low beam and the main wire are. Is low beam white and main wire the brown/white? Or is it the other way around? Or is it the black cable? I have also noticed that the white cable come out of the headlight and has a splitter, then there is a white cable running back in the harness, but I have no spare. So far, I'm confused ha.

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
Incoming headlight power is brown/white....High is blue, low is white......
The "extra" white that runs back in the harness connects to the yellow with white stripe coming from the switch unit... (it should have a "dab" or "tag" of yellow on/at the connecter cover).... Most of us simply plug the harness side of the yellow that also goes to the switch unit directly into the harness white (yellow tag) we are discussing, thus switching on the extra charging coils permanently (instead of just when the lights are on.....)
You can phone me if this isn't perfectly clear....540-427-4256... Steve

1 - 2 of 2 Posts