1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Verrry optimistic, indeed. I suppose he believes he should start high so he can drop to what he really wants. not sure what oversize is .8, doesn't sound right whether inches or millimeters. I guess those horrible-looking handlebar clamp bolts and top bridge nut are "patina"... "100% nut and bolt...". and what exactly is the newly-fabricated "idle switch" he speaks of?

·
Premium Member
2,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I though overbore sizes were in 0.25mm increments, but as an apparently famous engineer had done the engine work, I thought 'who am I to question this ?' ;)

And if I was buying a bike that had had ' a full nuts and bolts rebuild ', I'd prefer one that had then been run a bit further than 25 miles, just to ensure it was all thoroughly debugged and shaken down.

·
Registered
572 Posts
I have seen some rare listings for CB77 pistons and rings that were 0.20 overbore. They were NOS aftermarket.

·
Registered
219 Posts
that price is outrageous. look at all the pitting on the chrome. for a full nut and bolt restoration he really missed the mark. what's up with these people?

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
That was my thinking - it only takes 5 seconds of looking at the pictures to see quite a few things a true restoration would have made look better

·
Premium Member
2,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Reactions: ancientdad

·
Premium Member
2,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just can't stop sticking my nose in, can I ?

Bike has been relisted. I have messaged the seller to point out that it's a K6, not a K7, which we never got here in the UK.

Sent him the relevant frame and engine numbers which will hopefully convince him, might help with his sale if listing was more accurate.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts