Honda Twins banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
That seems about right to me. Those are really rare bikes. The frame, gas tank and especially the cylinder head are well worth the asking price.
TOOLS

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I hear you... but no carbs or exhaust, tons of corrosion - and did you check out the double leading shoe rear brakes?? gotta be a front backing plate, but it fits the rear hub with sprocket? didn't think or know they were the same size

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Yeah, I hear you... but no carbs or exhaust, tons of corrosion - and did you check out the double leading shoe rear brakes?? gotta be a front backing plate, but it fits the rear hub with sprocket? didn't think or know they were the same size
Actually the dual leading shoe rear brake is correct for the later 300 scrambler. The tls front wheel has 40 spokes and the rear has 36. Earlier small-braked versions had 40 spokes on both ends. Always wondered why they did that, maybe the rear hub is borrowed from the cb series? Late frame, early footpegs and fuel tank, no title and badly weathered, doesn't look 500 dollars worth. Most all the expensive hard to find stuff is already gone(probably sold on ebay already).

·
Registered
186 Posts
I've seen several of this seller's offerings and they all seem to be not quite right in some way or another. This particular item looks like some parts were cobbled together for the pics.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts