Honda Twins banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I have a question about the Generator rotors on the CB360 models. Are the 74,75 and 76 model rotors the same? The reason I was asking is when I first got this bike the starter chain and gear was gone. When replacing it I dropped the rotor and broke one of the fins. I bought another one off of EBAY, but I am wondering if perhaps I got one of the wrong year. Mine is a 74. It was a running motor and this rotor was the only part that was replaced. and I am having issues with timing, cam chain adjustments and just about anything to do with the marks on this rotor.

Thanks

JimK

·
Super Moderator
5,926 Posts
Hello all,
I have a question about the Generator rotors on the CB360 models. Are the 74,75 and 76 model rotors the same? The reason I was asking is when I first got this bike the starter chain and gear was gone. When replacing it I dropped the rotor and broke one of the fins. I bought another one off of EBAY, but I am wondering if perhaps I got one of the wrong year. Mine is a 74. It was a running motor and this rotor was the only part that was replaced. and I am having issues with timing, cam chain adjustments and just about anything to do with the marks on this rotor.

Thanks

JimK
Shouldn't be any difference. Part number is the same for all years...ebay is famous for mislabeling parts though.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Shouldn't be any difference. Part number is the same for all years...ebay is famous for mislabeling parts though.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
That is good to know. I am more confident in the part now and just have to figure out what I am doing wrong. I adjusted the cam chain at 90 degrees past TDC on the left compression stroke (I think). Now when I try to start the motor I am getting a rattling chain sound and it is not pleasant. It could be the starter chain I put on but I am worried I did the cam chain wrong.

JimK

·
Registered
241 Posts
sounds like a bad starter clutch in the new rotor

·
Registered
241 Posts
That is quite possible I guess. Is there an easy test of fix?

JimK
if it sounds like theres loose chains or gravel coming from your stator cover whey you hit the start button, i can almost guarantee thats what it is.

justin

1 - 6 of 6 Posts