Honda Twins banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Did your front brake setup take a good amount of filing on the fork lowers to get the caliper parallel with the disc??

GB :mrgreen:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually all it took was to put the fork brace/fender bracket on the interior of the caliper mount instead of the exterior like the left side. It's sandwiched in between the caliper mount and the fork lower. Worked great. Much better stopping power. I do plan on having the rotors laser cut to lighten them up a bit.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Straight pipes are pretty damn obnoxious. I built some home made baffles to help a bit but it is still loud. Sure let's people know you're coming though.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
A discussion has popped up on here about mounting those rearsets in the passenger peg locations.. It's caught my attention.. Seeing on how you used a longer tank, which pushed your seating position back more, do you feel very comfortable with your feet that far back and more importantly, are your arms or wrists comfortable for long??

If you have a free minute, please fill us in on your experiences thus far with your setup.. WITH additional details concerning weight, height, arm length, etc...

Either here or in the rearset thread... ;)

GB :mrgreen:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry so long for the reply. I am 6'3" , 240# and I am very comfortable on the bike. I learned to ride on sport bikes so the riding position is very comfortable for me. When I first started riding sport bikes my back and forearms were very sore. After my muscles in those areas got used to it there were no problems with riding for 3-4 hours not stop. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
45 Posts
the emblem on the tank HM with the wings is that stock?
if not a decal or a raised stick on. just curious I am looking for something different for my 80 hawk on it's side covers I will have to start looking for that emblem.

nice build

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks mortikan. The emblems are off from an old cb100 tank (1971 or 72). bead blasted and low spots filled w/ black paint. attached w/ some 3m double sided tape.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts