Honda Twins banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spotted this on Craig's list and couldn't resist, 2 hours from the house the price was right and I already have the parts to make her whole. Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Motorcycle

Reactions: dtsmjr8dan

·
Registered
460 Posts
You must have a very understanding wife and a nice sized garage. Livin the dream.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Look what I found under the seat:eek: Auto part Metal Slapped on a tank and went for a ride. Woo Hoo no baffles. Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Car

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You must have a very understanding wife and a nice sized garage. Livin the dream.
I am livin the dream my Sweeties the best and a large walk in basement, Im just prepping for my retirement when I open my Old coot motorcycle shop.(just a garage out back,more of a lairs club):D

Reactions: ancientdad

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
9,797 Posts
IMHO , in the years to come, unmolested bikes hold their value, unlike 'custom' bikes. Although some 'custom' bikes are a crowd pleaser at the time, that vision often fades, whereas a stock bike in pristine condition will only appreciate in value.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just bring myself to chop one up that can be restored to near original condition, their only original once.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Nothing wrong with original restorations! I appreciate the historical documentation of classic Honda motorcycles as well. A perfect slice of time travel back to the 70's and 80's motorcycle culture and freedom it represents to a society propagating conformity and restriction. Also, nothing wrong with custom restorations! To take a stock Honda to the next level and make a unique, one of a kind, motorcycle that makes a statement about what a motorcycle "is". I personally like original bike, but love! vintage bikes that have something more to say. It makes me think about what a motorcycle means to me and to the society more over. (ie. Zen and The Art of Motorcycle Maintenance) And why not find deeper meaning in motorcycles? Why not express that in a vintage build? Don't think Original or Custom are in competition with one another. They're different expressions of the same thing.

I also challenge the concept that originals hold more value over the long term. It all depends because there are so many different kinds of custom bikes. Some hold up over time and others are more " one hit wonders".

1 - 11 of 11 Posts