Honda Twins banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
Thought i better introduce myself before lurking :mrgreen:
Names Alan, live in Perth,Western Australia, used to be on the cb450 forum as "bigaltc" just found most of those guys have been hiding here :roll:
Currently i have 2x450, 1 Cafe project And 1 racer. Racer is pretty tame, bored to 500 and runing methanol.
Will stick my two cents worth in, if you lot need a shake up :shock: :mrgreen:

Cheers,Al. ;)

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
A 450 running methanol?? WOW. Yeah, pictures are a must before you anger the gods... :lol: :p

Wallpaper sized would be a plus... ;)

GB :mrgreen:

·
Registered
659 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
Welcome to the group! :D

As you can see, some of the folks occasionally have a little too much time on their hands. :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi all,
When i work out how to load pic's i'll post some up. :oops:
The racer is pretty tame, I have been thinking bout changing it back to petrol as metho is a pain in the ass. I bought it 12 months ago and haven't done a whole lot since then. It runs standard cams, mild port, 32 Mikuni's And Metho. I reckon a mildly tweaked petrol (gas) motor would be better. Must admit, after riding modern bikes, the brakes on these old jiggers sure are orifice tightners :shock: Historic racing here demands period brakes :roll:
My cafe project was to be a racer but i've already got one of those so i'm going to use a 500 bottom end with a steel skull head thats been ported and 32 Mikuni's.
If any body knows where i could get some suitable pistons that would be great, preferably 75.5mm. Any advice on cams to suit ??? The hairier the better :evil: :evil:
I note "dinosaurthatroars" is no longer around. Thats a shame, as the pistons he was having made would have been great.

Must away,cheers,Al.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Pictures can be uploaded to www.photobucket.com or a similar photo hosting website, and then the IMG tags put into your post here.. :)

I for one, will be highly interested in the jetting you end up running with those Mikunis, if/when you switch to pump gas, etc..

GB :mrgreen:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts