Honda Twins banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All

My name is Andrew Ferguson and I live in Durban, SA.

The restoration bug has bitten me again and iv'e recently acquired a Honda CD200 which I plan on breathing new life into, over the next year or three. Shes in "ok" condition but the plan is to do a total strip down and rebuild as time permits. This should ensure her continued reliability as these bikes were well known for . I'm not sure what year model the bike might be as it didn't come with any paperwork. New parts are getting quite difficult to find here in South Africa which adds to the fun of hunting down the correct bits and pieces.

This will be my second restoration, the first being a 1979 Honda NC50 Express that I completed in 2017.

My new toy :
IMG_20180915_184705.jpg

My 1979 Honda NC50
DSCN1015.jpg
View attachment 265292

Well that's my story. I certainly look forward to contributing to this forum.

Regards

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Welcome, Andrew - and nice of you to do a proper introduction. Looks like a good project for you, and like you'll have a helper for that as well. Nice job on the NC50, clean work. Looking forward to watching your progress.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Be sure to start a build thread once you get going, and post lots of pictures... we like pictures, and it helps us to better understand what questions you may have too. Uploading from a computer is usually the best, but it seems that whatever way you're doing it so far works well as the pictures above opened nicely and zoomed in as well, which is very helpful to the viewers here

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will definitely do so, perhaps now would be a good time as I spent the day stripping the bike. Unfortunately the pic of the CD200 was taken with my phone at night and didn't come out great however I will keep your advice in mind and shoot with a DSLR going forward.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
I take all my pictures with my Galaxy S5 phone, but in my opinion it's the uploading process that is more critical - I've never had a picture that wouldn't zoom but I upload from a computer all the time, never from my phone. Many here have had some level of issues with uploading from a phone, whether it's the compressed images from an iPhone that is almost full to other problems

1 - 6 of 6 Posts