Honda Twins banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been on a year-n-a-half long quest (only slightly exaggerated:D) to find a good front end replacement for my 1970 CB 350. I found a salvage shop locally that has tons of super bike front ends and I have decided to use one of those front ends.

like this DucatiBoy's CB350 - The Bike Shed
(to be precise, I'm going for this exact set up ): i.e dual disc, laced wheels and super bike front end.

Question:
A) Any guesstimate where/what bike this front end is coming from?
B) I really like laced wheels and will not putting this front end if I cannot get laced wheels: How did they get this front end with dual disc brake, and laced wheel to get along?
C) It looks like they have changed the wheel size to 19"? correct?

Anything else you can think of to get this mod in place? Thanks for your time and input!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The info is in the link. Showa usd forks from Ducati 848, and Harley hub. Wheels are 18"
You are right! From the article:
The wheels are a 2.15 x18 with Harley hub and custom rim at the front, while the rear is a 3.5 x 18 Honda hub/brake custom rim with chrome spokes. Forks, triple clamps, discs, calipers and master cylinder are from Ducati 848. The CB steering stem was retained but required a customised spacer pressed into the Ducati lower triple clamp to allow it to fit. Custom front axle and spacers were fitted to allow the Harley rim to fit the Ducati Showa forks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts