Honda Twins banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings from Durham NC! I just picked up this '72 CB450 K5 and am ready to get to work! It's running but since it's cold out, it takes a while. Head gasket area looks like it's been seeping oil, so I know that will need attention soon enough. Once it gets above hopefully 40 degrees I hope to run through the new-to-you bike checklist and get everything buttoned up! This is my first vintage bike but I've tinkered around with some more '90-2000 era bikes in the past. Nothing serious.

Anyways, I named her Marceline. Here she is:
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Motor vehicle

Also I could use some help identifying what these wires are- they got shredded and tried to start an electrical fire on me. At the moment I'm looking at splicing or replacing this bit. What do you think?
Auto part Fuel line Wire Engine Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Vehicle Auto part Car Automotive exterior

Thanks and HI again!
-Shannon

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
That goes to the front brake light switch. Check for shorts in the switch and back to the brake light. This might help but it is a modified drawing for an upgraded regulator/rectifier and LED turn signals.

Plan Text Floor plan Line Diagram

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Nice bike, I'm a little partial to the DOHC. I would suggest a full inspection of the wiring. Take the tank, side covers off, remove the airfilters and open the headlight. Check the condition of every wire from the headlight to the tail light. Let us know what you find. Aging wiring can leave you stranded. Nice bike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts