Honda Twins banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Once again a broken triple tree/upper bridge/upper yoke issue thanks to a previous owner (D washers present).
Was planning to weld it but there are cracks on 3 of the pinch sections so I think it'd be best to get another.
Does anyone have any of these left?
I've found some CB750 yokes but don't fancy the lack of rubber mounts and modifying the instrument cluster. Is using these all that bad?

Half glad I looked, half wish I hadn't. Better that it doesn't break further on the motorway though.

21319118_10155679543138545_375158189651198468_o.jpg

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Most of the load is taken by the lower yoke. That is why it is steel. I found one because i knew somebody who was selling parts off of a 450. Try welding it and keep an eye on it. Then watch for another.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is strange but comparing it to contemporary British bikes in the garage the tree looks far more flimsy and having the pinch system must put a good deal of stress on the part.
Cheers for weld recommendation, was going to go along those lines but luckily I have been able to get a triple tree shipped from Austrailia, shout out to Maduncle for the save!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts