Honda Twins banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
Scott... Sticking how?... it could be glued to its pivot pin with shellaced fuel, the float could be bent,or pinholed and heavy, or the gasket could be interfering.... Lots of ways to "stick"...Any idea which applies to yours?... A better (more specific) discription of the symptoms might help... Overflowing?... shuts off fuel too soon?.....:shock: :?
Really, I'm not trying to be a smart a**.... I've seen the floats installed upside down, sealer applied to the bowl squish in and block the float, etc..... It is likely an easy fix once you determine what's wrong, but A full cleaning is the first step, and you'll be able to tell us what specifically it's doing.........

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The float moves freely, the float bowel gasket is new and in place. Maybe the height adjustment is off a little? These are carbs I sold and the buyer is claiming the float needs to be replaced, so im trying to figure out what could be wrong.

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
Scott..... If the float moves and the gasket is new (and clears... this is a problem with some brands of kits)... Any adjustment for float height is up to the user... Are the shut-off needle and seat from the kit? (there were problems there too)..... If the float moves, it isn't stuck...... "buyers remorse" maybe?.......

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He got in a bidding war and let his emotions overide his wallet and now he's trying to stick me with a negative feedback!

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
I see.... Did your ad specify "rebuilt" and/or like new?... or used and sold as-is?
If you said rebuilt, I would offer to refund his purchase price minus the shipping, handling and (presumably) paypal AND ebay listing charges once you get them back...(he also pays the shipping to return them).....
If sold as-is, ...he bought them as-is....
It all depends on how you worded your ad.....
JMHO.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.