Honda Twins banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two questions:

1. Does anyone know if the header clamps from Speedmoto (in picture) will fit a CB450? Speedmoto says they're for a 350 or 250 twin, with 62 MM centers.

2. If not, does anyone know of another source for aluminum (or other non-rusting) clamps for a 450?

clamp.jpg

·
Registered
13,085 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Perfect! Many thanks Tom.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Excellent. My bike sat out in the rain for several days at a rally last week, and the stock clamps got a nasty load of surface rust. Made the bike look shabby. I've cleaned them up with a Dremel & wire brush, but I don't want to have to deal with that again.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For what it's worth, a crude measurement of the clamps on my 450 indicate the mounting centers are about 71 mm apart, so the Speedmoto version for 350's would not fit.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Yeah, I suspected the studs would be wider, bigger exhaust port. I found a seller on eBay with metric studs before - I need to look him up again to get some shorter ones than stock for these from DCC

·
Registered
395 Posts
Yeah, I suspected the studs would be wider, bigger exhaust port. I found a seller on eBay with metric studs before - I need to look him up again to get some shorter ones than stock for these from DCC
Just cut yours down. Put a die over them first, cut to length, dress / round off the end, and unscrew the die, to clean up the threads. You can also use VHT hi-temp clear on your old clamps.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
For starters, I've removed the clamps, cleaned up the rust with various wire brushes, and put two coats of VHT satin clear on them. I'll give that approach a try for a while, and if it still doesn't keep the rust away, I'll go for the DCC aluminum jobs. The bike normally lives in the garage when I'm not riding it, and I don't ever ride in the rain if I have a choice. Last week was a fluke because I was at a bike rally and we had bad luck with lots of rain.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts