Honda Twins banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where I can buy smaller main jets. I looked on bikebandit and they don't have any anymore.

If you know a good source, please advise. I'll be riding at high altitude very soon on a vacation trip. SL350-k1 stock carbs.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update - Ran the 115s at 10000+ and they ran too lean. On a long incline I seized the engine. After roadside replacement with the 120s the bike made it to home base. I must have other issues. I already know the exhaust is leaking badly and its possible the intake is compromised since I have replaced the stock air intake with radiator hose a couple of years ago.

The altitude ride is over but it exposed those issues that I need to address even at lower altitudes.

If I get time I might post up a ride report. One day the bike seized. Another day it felt like ignition timing and gaps were making it pop. And the last day the pipe hanger broke of metal fatigue and we using wire to finish the ride. Did I mention it rained and I was losing one cylinder in mountain traffic! Maybe I shouldn't post as all these could have been avoided with a little better prep.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts