Honda Twins banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to get the rotor off my 450 Scrambler and the parts store / hardware store has nothing to help me. I've decided to make one. Looking at the image of the tool online, it looks like it's about 80mm long. This length seems excessive. I'm pretty sure the thread size is M16x1.5, but does anyone know what thread length is needed to pull the rotor?

·
Sensei
27,180 Posts
A 350 rear axle works, so it's less than 1.5" of threads needed......An inch might suffice..

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ahh...350...I thought I read that the axle would work so I pulled it...except it was a 450 axle. :cry:

·
Sensei
27,180 Posts
THAT would be a bit too big in diameter.....350, 360, some 175's and some XL's fit.....
16 X 1.5 is also called 16mm JIS (Japanese Industrial Standard) and is used on Kubota and some other "equipment" and tractors......Or try a supplier of automotive fasteners.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The good news...I found a bolt in the lab at work that may have enough threads.
The bad news...the rotor threads have been previously damaged to some extent and I can't get the bolt to start.

I'll have to borrow a tap and some hope.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The threads in the rotor were stubborn. The tap wouldn't start easy. Thankfully I had a 2" long tube that the tap fit inside it nicely. Holding that up against the rotor held the tap normal to the rotor so I could get it started easier.

As 66Sprint said...an inch of threads is plenty. Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts