Honda Twins banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, this is my intro to the forums here. I've got a trio of old Hondas in need of love, but only two are twins (the other is a '77 CR250 Elsinore). I've got a CJ360 that came to me as a complete mess, but the price was right. ...being, IMO, the ugliest twin Honda made in that era I had no qualms about not restoring it, but doing something custom with it. I'm about halfway through and have the engine completed, but still have some work to do sorting out battery tray and exhaust options. ...it's on hold until after the 305. The CL77 is a straight-up restoration and should be a lot of fun.

Here's the 360 engine waiting for me to get on with it:

Here is the 305 as I got her.

And here's how the teardown is going, as of about an hour ago.

I'm an industrial designer and a bit of a perfectionist, so I tend to take a while to get things done, but being a mostly complete bike to start with, this should be a fun project. :)

I have a small vapor honing cabinet on order which I'm expecting in about 3 weeks, and can't wait to throw some of these rusty and corroded parts in there and see the results.

Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Cheers,
Dale

·
Registered
57 Posts
Welcome Dale,
The detailing on the 360 motor is great; kind-of has a British look to it!!
Mark

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome Dale,
The detailing on the 360 motor is great; kind-of has a British look to it!!
Mark
Thanks Mark, the finished bike will have an HRC red, white & blue, color theme that will tie nicely with it being a bicentennial year bike.

The gold engine will work well with that, and is actually the same gold color that was under the stator cover when I cracked it open.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Dale,
There is a thread that has photos of detail polishing on our bikes. Here is the link.
You should post a photo(s) of that 360 motor there.
Mark

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dale,
There is a thread that has photos of detail polishing on our bikes. Here is the link.
You should post a photo(s) of that 360 motor there.
Mark
I'll take a look. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts