Honda Twins banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the Prescott hill climb bike fest today.

Unfortunately, I didn't get to see or hear the bike running, we arrived early and left just after 2.00pm, so we might have missed it.

The finish and detailing on the bike is incredible. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves …

While we were there, Allen had several runs up the hill on his Flying Millyard bike, in the background of the last photo.

Reactions: Alex jb

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
That's certainly a perk for those in the UK, I don't suppose his work displays in the States very often.

·
Registered
441 Posts
This featured in “the motorbike show” here in the UK a month or so ago. He fired it up in his workshop. It sounded very angry, it’s a roar when the throttle is blipped, at full chat it will be like the hounds from hell.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
an amazing sound of ultra-high rpm out of six individual pipes... makes me wish I still had one of my CBXs with Dencos again!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Check out his SS100 or SS180 v-twin tiddler. Nice Honda Twin!

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Yes, I saw the 'Motorbike Show' piece, firing up the six. There's also an ongoing series in 'Classic Motorcycle Mechanics', written by the man himself, covering the build in great detail, excellent stuff. It really ought to be called a Yamaha Six, based on the donor engines, but all the dimensions of the frame and fairing are apparently accurate copies of the original Honda.

From this months CMM, that bank of six carbs started out as six individual 26mm OKO pit bike carbs, at 30 quid each. Modded by him to run from a single throttle cable etc etc.

I saw and videod the SS50 V twin running at a previous Prescott outing. The thing about his bikes is the way that they look 'factory', not shed built.

This time, his Kawasaki 5 cylinder KH400 was running on the hill. Sounded fantastic and went like a rocket, rider wasn't babying it. :twisted:

EDIT. Also saw and heard another Honda replica, this time a CB250/4 ( ex Hornet ) engine in a CB72 frame, that revved to 18K on four open megaphones, what a sound that made running the hill.

And this one, which judging from the air cooling is an older 500/4.

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
Awesome machines !!

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
This guy must be independently wealthy to have this much time and money on his hands... God bless him for making these incredible things we love to gawk at!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts