Honda Twins banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was curious how many dowels are located in the top end of a cb350k3. was getting ready reassemble the motor and noticed i oly have the 2 that go between the crankcase and jugs and the two that go between the jugs and the head however on a scan on a fische i see what looks like 2 more located between the head and the cam housing. looked at the motor and it looks like they should be there however i do not have them

am i being paranoid or am i really missing these?

if so does any one have any laying around they want to get rid of?

#13 here

http://www.bikebandit.com/houseofmotorc ... #sch393940

·
Registered
48 Posts
Go to Cmsnl.com it shows the "how manys" of each item. It appears that there are only 8 per engine on same bolt hole top and bottom. I believe this is correct I had left one off on mine and had no oil pressure to top of engine. If I am incorrect, Im sure someone will be along with a lot more knowledge than me to correct it!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi All,

I was wondering if someone could shed some light on the same issue. I have 6 dowel/knock pins but am unsure exactly as to where they go (should have taken a picture). From the drawings they all appear to go towards the front outer holes on the engine but it is hard to gage from the fische.

Thanks!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks so much doctorruckus! Its a '72 CB350k4 i believe. Can you confirm how many I should have in total and are they all the same size. The parts drawings have me a little confused as the cylinder head shows 2 on top but the drawings also show two below the pistons. They are listed with a different identifier but appear to be the same. Thanks so much for the help.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
There are 2 dowels on the front outer studs between the case and cylinder
There are 2 dowels on the front outer studs between the cylinder and head
There are 2 dowels on the rear outer studs between the head and cam carrier.
The dowels only fit in those holes since the holes are slightly larger bore
I recommend cleaning the bores of the individual parts and the old dowels as well. They should slide in/out easily. You can add a light smear of anti-seize to each dowel if you want.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I recommend cleaning the bores of the individual parts and the old dowels as well. They should slide in/out easily. You can add a light smear of anti-seize to each dowel if you want.
Thank you!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts