Honda Twins banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a serious space problem (lack of that is) with putting pod filters on my Mikuni VM34's....i had somewhat of a problem with my original Keihins especially the right carb dude to the close proximity to the battery box. Anyone got an ideas for a solution? anyone make really short filters that may help alleviate this problem?

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
zx12ryder said:
i got a serious space problem (lack of that is) with putting pod filters on my Mikuni VM34's....i had somewhat of a problem with my original Keihins especially the right carb dude to the close proximity to the battery box. Anyone got an ideas for a solution? anyone make really short filters that may help alleviate this problem?
Uni foam "socks" will fit right on a 450/350 with no problems ar all, either side.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just went to unifilter.com. the black ones will go well on the bike....hope they filter pretty good. anything is better than nothing to keep dirt and debris out.

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Here's a photo of them on my 450 - as you can see, there are no clearance problems with the battery.
And they work GREAT..........

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i think they would look great too but i was looking at the sizes of the available inside diameters. If i could find something close to a 2 3/8 would be great..i think i may have to do some widdleing away on the 2 1/4 I.D.'s because 58mm O.D. on the mikuni vm34 is closer to 2 3/8 than 2 1/4. I think if i got the 2 1/2 the I.D. would be way too big.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
I bought the ones that were slightly angled and they fit the best. 15 degrees I think. They allow you to rotate them slightly into whatever direction works the best for you. If you use a good quality foam filter oil then they'll filter better than anything else on the market. I use Uni's on everything I own.

I'm sure you've already seen it but here's the page where they're located: http://www.unifilter.com/online%20catal ... ersal.html

GB :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
directed at anyone with uni's...

with these new filters i assume your side badges are still able to be fitted on, right? with all of the existing hardware? that long bolt that goes thru the filter and the "big" flathead screw outside of the side cover...???

do tell and more pics of this combo would be cool.
-seth

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
uhohferris said:
directed at anyone with uni's...

with these new filters i assume your side badges are still able to be fitted on, right? with all of the existing hardware? that long bolt that goes thru the filter and the "big" flathead screw outside of the side cover...???

-seth
Sure - no problemo......

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Yep they fit fine. Although on mine I trimmed the side covers to make it more of a "ram air" style of sidecover. I cut the entire forward facing part of the cover off, and it doesn't squash the filters quite so much now.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bird76Mojo said:
Yep they fit fine. Although on mine I trimmed the side covers to make it more of a "ram air" style of sidecover. I cut the entire forward facing part of the cover off, and it doesn't squash the filters quite so much now.

that would have been my concern...the squashing of the filters.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
That's odd. Even with my stock carbs on, the side covers still squashed into the filters where the rubber parts was. Then on my Mikuni's it did the same so I hacked on the covers a little. They ended up lookin really good IMHO.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts