Honda Twins banner

Air cut off valve k&l model number help

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Jared 
#1 ·
Im currently rebuilding my 1986 cb450sc ive tried ordering new air cut off valves as mine are dry rotted unfortunately both times i have recieved parts that are to large in diameter on the shaft to fit im looking for the k&l brand part number as most sellers seem to have it wrong attached is a pic of the grossly over sized part on the left and the part i removed from my bike on the right. ps im not sure the the old part is correct the po seemed mechanically inclined but not mechanically gifted thank you in advance

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Google the part number:

16048-443-901 (IIRC these are the fat ones in the left picture)

Keihin used different air cut valves in different sub-models of the VB carbs. Aftermarket suppliers don't always get that right.

1986 should have VB22FB carbs (stamped on the side of the carb, just above the fuel bowls). Is it possible the PO swapped them out for an earlier model?

#3 · (Edited)
The carbs are vb 2ea the po could have swapped them from my research this model carb belongs to a 85 non california model they were definitely abused when I got them and have been sitting around 10 years I had it running all last year although not at Peak Performance it seems every time I Google the OEM number I'm directed to the incorrect valves

#4 ·
Honda parts fiches are all wrong for the 85/85 model years on the air cut. They call for the early ball type which is wrong for the VB2E or F series carb. Looking at SUDCO air cut valves, yeah their catalog is wrong also, it looks like 010-105 valve may be right. Sudco Vol 38
I'm guessing here but it's the pintle type valve and has the tapered spring.
The really important thing here is that the pintle is the right length to open the valve inside the carb

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.