Honda Twins banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of the members from the original Twins Forum might remember that I was, at one time, trying to get my Super Hawk build going and kinda got temporarily derailed for a bit. As time went on, I've managed to pick up a few parts for it and got a deal on a lower end that seems to be in pretty good shape except for the clutch cover having a little damage to it. Now, for the additional news, I've got a buddy over on the SOHC4, who has just informed me that, for the cost of the gas to come and get the stuff (nearly a whole Super Hawk), I can go there, load up and bring it home. :cool: ;) I can not believe it! Thing is, he only lives about 2 and a half hours away! I am already planning the trip! :D Of course, my wife isn't all that excited. :roll: I mean, just for starters, there is a complete engine, a frame (untitled), wheels rear fender and misc other stuff. Gotta go for now, I'll post the photos I have of my old Project, later this evening. ;) Gotta go see my Dad.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Re: Well, Looks Like This One Is Finally Getting A Decent Start

That killer Bill!! If you take any pictures then post em up if you can!! I LOVE seeing old parts, especially those I know nothing about. I'm still learning the older ones...

GB :mrgreen:

·
Sensei
27,164 Posts

BILL!...This is the one you are going to graft a 450 top end on right?..... Awwww COME ON!...You know you want to....... :D Steve

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Bird76Mojo said:
That killer Bill!! If you take any pictures then post em up if you can!! I LOVE seeing old parts, especially those I know nothing about. I'm still learning the older ones...

Hey GB, Gonna do the best I can, as I can. ;) Just try to bear with me til I can get things sorted out so that I can once again scan and post pictures (I know it won't be as interesting til I get pictures up).

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

66Sprint said:
BILL!...This is the one you are going to graft a 450 top end on right?..... Awwww COME ON!...You know you want to....... :D Steve
Steve, I wish it WAS the build with the 450 top end, I really AM interested in that one. I did find out who did the CB77 with the GS400 top end and while it seems to be something pretty cool, I'd prefer the 450 version more. But yes, you are SO right, I'd love to build one with the 450 DOHC sitting on top of it (but, not yet anyway) :|

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Now here's the only pictures I have presently (and some of you have seen these before, but bear with me)

Here she is, in all her uglyness

Here is where I got the idea to use 450 carbs (since I didn't have original carbs anyway) And, if you notice, it has a CB160 front fender and that was what I had actually asked about and then noticed the 450 carbs)

Here is the cylinder head I had picked up on in my quest to convert the CA (Dream) engine that a P.O. had put in this Super Hawk and a nice set of the flat Super Hawk handlebars

Now, I also have a nice set of cases, a Type I crankshaft (coils, points plate assy & points cover) and a nice pair of cylinders with a STD bore along with a NEW pair of STD pistons.

Also, I've got another CB77 complete lower end coming and, I just might be able to end up with enough parts to build an engine to put in this old 67' CL77 "Rolling " frame that I also have.

That's all for now. Bill ;)

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Well, I wish I had my pc issues taken care of already because I took my Dad and went to Oklahoma and picked
up some CB77 stuff today: a frame, a complete engine, both wheels, complete forks, lights, cables, footrests, headlight, tail light w/ bracket, pipes, rear shocks, seat, a side cover 4 extra tires, misc hardware, a rear fender (slightly bobbed) and a front fender (also slightly bobbed), coils, swingarm, a rear chain and misc parts (like I was told, "Most of a Super Hawk") :cool: ;)
Also got a set of exhaust pipes that will fit 500-4 and a Bug Deflector that will fit my Dodge Grand Caravan. :shock:

I feel like it's Christmas! :cool: ;)

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Here's photos of a gas tank that I picked up off of ebay for $0.99 plus $15 shipping and handling.
the photos from the listing, make it look worse than it is. The dents in the side, aren't anywhere
near as bad as they look and the rank is pretty solid as well.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Well, looks like I'm getting an assist on my pc problem. My Dad has one
that he was using to play games on (that's all he wanted to do on
one) and he's gotten to where he doesn't even do that. So, he said
I might as well get some use out of it. :cool: So, I'm getting it this afternoon
and get me another printer and should be to where I can do things in a better
way soon.

BTW, the old Super Hawk is disassembled now (frame is mostly apart,
but the engine isn't yet.

Later on, Bill

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Got a set of gas tank panels in route AND just might have a front fender for it also. :cool: Working on setting
things up so that I can get serious about getting this build started. ;) I'm finally getting some relief from all the
goings on in my family and am getting some idea about the paint scheme and color. Still have some things to get,
but I'm close enough that I can get started soon. And, as soon as I can (and have enough progress), I'll be taking
AND posting pictures.

Later on, Bill ;)

·
Registered
265 Posts

That is VERY cool, Bill! I would say I'm jealous, but I think envious is more apt.
Every once in a while, it comes back to you. You deserve it. :D

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

360fan said:
That is VERY cool, Bill! I would say I'm jealous, but I think envious is more apt.
Every once in a while, it comes back to you. You deserve it. :D
I appreciate that. I still am not to the point to where I can make and post pictures
yet (will do, as soon as I can), but I actually found some time (if you know anything
about my daily schedule, you'll wonder where I found that time) and have started putting
a Super Hawk "Mock-up" together, in an effort to check out some of my ideas (to see if
they'll work AND see how it will look) and see if I get any other ideas in the process. Not
going to say much about the details just yet. just know that I AM trying to take advantage
of ANY time I happen to come up with, and put it to good use. ;)

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Well folks, here I am, still trying to find time and energy to get something done on the Super Hawk Project (or ANY Project for THAT matter). Between taking care of my family (Wife's had some medical problems since Christmas), taking care of business AND taking care of my 83yr old Dad, while trying to derail my (so called) brother and his wife from getting my Dad into a nursing home and taking everything he's got, I'm draggin' (been fightin' them for about a year now). Hopefully, I'll get some Slack Time soon.

TIl Then, Bill

·
Registered
3,926 Posts

Well I'm still rootin for ya Bill. :D I thought that stuff was pretty well finished with your dad and all. Especially since you're taking care of him.. I'd often wondered where you were.

It'll come back to you in spades someday, when we all meet our maker..

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Bird76Mojo said:
Well I'm still rootin for ya Bill. :D I thought that stuff was pretty well finished with your dad and all. Especially since you're taking care of him.. I'd often wondered where you were.

It'll come back to you in spades someday, when we all meet our maker..

Good luck!

Appreciate the support GB, we should be on a Downhill Run by now, but it's not completely over just yet.
Believe it or not, we now have to go after them to get his stuff back (to include his "billfold"!). I DID manage
to find out where his truck (93' Dodge Dakota, standard cab, 4 x 4) was and brought it up here and am in the
process of getting it back in shape. So far, I've had the transmission rebuilt, the transfer rebuilt, have to find
a heater core (without holes), get new tires, alignment, etc, etc. Yeah, still quite busy and the Final Phase
will be to have them "Evicted" from the house my Dad is paying for (my brother has paid NOTHING since it was
bought in Sept 99'. Dad IS doing well though. We've had a few episodes, medically and have worked our way
through them, so far. ;)

Been kinda absent from here for a spell and hope to get back on track soon.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts

Well I won't dig in too deep here Bill, but I'm glad to hear from you. At least we know you're still around. :D Keep up the fight and things will fall into place eventually.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Bird76Mojo said:
Well I won't dig in too deep here Bill, but I'm glad to hear from you. At least we know you're still around. :D Keep up the fight and things will fall into place eventually.

Thanks for that, GB. ;) Seems like my main project, for now, is my Dad's 93' Dodge Dakota 4 X 4 Standard Cab Pickup. This sucker will make a pretty good "Bike Retriever" and it's got a 'receiver type' hitch, if a trailer is necessary. :D

Take care GB, Bill ;)

·
Registered
3,926 Posts

If that truck has the reese style hitch on it, then you should consider getting a bike hauler platform type of thing made for it. Those things are great! Easy to load, and unload if you make a little ramp for them.

You know the type. The ones that actually haul the bike behind the tailgate..

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Bird76Mojo said:
If that truck has the reese style hitch on it, then you should consider getting a bike hauler platform type of thing made for it. Those things are great! Easy to load, and unload if you make a little ramp for them.

You know the type. The ones that actually haul the bike behind the tailgate..

Yeah, I know of what you speak, GB. ;) That would work. But, I'd probably just drop the tailgate and put the bike(s) in there, unless I needed more room, then I'd use a trailer or use the truck bed AND a trailer. Whatever works. Oh, and yes, it is a Reese Style hitch.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Well, I have picked up a few more pieces for the Super Hawk. I thought I was going to get a full front fender a while back and, of course, that didn't work out. Thoise fenders are hard to come by, that haven't been butchered up or torn up. If you see one in FAIR shape, it goes for BUCK$ Matter of fact, I'm following one right now, hoping to win it, but don't expect to. I HAVE picked up on a nice Speedo/Tach unit for a decent price though. And those usually go pretty higfh as well. Of course, there is plenty of time for the, "Rampage" to geit that fender and blow ME plum out of the saddle. I have been blown out on a couple of things lately, with only about 15 or 20 seconds left. So, it's ANYBODY'S guess. But, I HAVE picked up on a "Titled" frame for a decent price (and when I say a decent price, you can bet that it was a deal. Also got some carb bowls that I was in need of and some misc hardware as well. Also got a decent CL head as well. Got my eye on some other pieces too. I'm hoping to end up building 2 different CB77s, when it's all said and done. Of course, the progress on THIS one will be somewhat affected by the Jawa250 build that I am getting ready to do (building a close duplicate of one that my Dad built years ago, taking care of my family (more so, now that my Wife is gone) and taking some time out for getting out on the GPZ or CBX, to clear my mind.

Update: I really thought I was going to get that front fender! This was the closest I have EVER come, only to be "BLOWN OUT" IN THE LAST 3 SECONDS AND BY $2.50!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

Okay, I don't feel any better, but I masde an attempt to. :|

1 - 20 of 44 Posts