Honda Twins banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced my right handlebar switch with a CB125 switch. Everything's working great, got the front brake light switch at the lever now, instead of the front brake cable (what a silly design that was!). But, of course, it doesn't have a starter button. :) I've been looking for an aftermarket solution--basically, just a bolt-on push button that grounds to the handlebar--but haven't found any. I may be able to retrofit the the CB125 switch housing to accept the inner bits from my old CB350 switch starter button, but that might mean taking the switch off again.

Anyone know where I can pick something like that up? The kick start doesn't bother me, except there are those few times in traffic or, hopefully, on some hilly offroad trail, that the magic button will come in handy, so I'd like to put something on. :D

Of course, I could just have a loose wire that I ground to the bars. :twisted:

·
Sensei
27,180 Posts
A micro-mini momentary contact push button switch from radio shack can be installed in the bottom half of the housing or the end of the grip......

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
66Sprint said:
A micro-mini momentary contact push button switch from radio shack can be installed in the bottom half of the housing or the end of the grip......
Actually, right now I am looking into perhaps retrofitting this switch with the starter button innards from my old switch. Haven't opened to check for sure, but I am betting the casting has the right stuff for me to install it, and all I have to do is drill through the outside for the button to protrude. Oh, and run the wire through the bars. . . .

I turned off the Shack about five years ago, when all they seemed to sell was cellphones. I went in looking for butt connectors, and they didn't have any. The first two people didn't know what they were, thought I was some sort of perv. :lol: If I can't retrofit, I will try the Shack.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts