Honda Twins banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got some NOS Honda CB350 , 1.0 mm oversize pistons I need rings for. NOS rings in that oversize seen kinda scarce. Anyone have any luck with aftermarket rings on the factory pistons?

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
If they come from a reputable supplier 1.0 oversize rings will fit 1.0 oversize pistons. Got some very experienced folks here who can tell you who to count on and who to avoid.

·
Registered
960 Posts
I haven't had issues with aftermarket pistons or rings and in fact the NOS rings will be a one piece oil control ring whereas the aftermarket are 3 piece. The three piece works much better with less drag.

I have seen some variation in the ring gaps so it is important that the gaps be checked and adjusted as necessary.

There probably are one maybe two manufacturers of the aftermarket rings so pick your supplier and go for it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Will the Wiseco rings work with factory pistons, or only the Wiseco pistons? Those are readily available and I've had good luck with Wiseco stuff on other projects , but sometimes aftermarket "custom" pistons don't use stock ring groove thicknesses. I'll go with the disaster motors ones otherwise.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Only really old stock has the one piece oil scraper. I have ordered original Honda +1.00 mm rings more than once and I allways received the three piece variant.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts