Honda Twins banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have a 1980 CB400N and the Koni rear shocks are getting old and tired, and I want to replace. Does any one have suggestions on rear aftermarket shocks - preferably gas and adjustable.
Thanks from Søren

·
Premium Member
2,149 Posts
If you have genuine Koni shocks they are almost always rebuildable. Avoid 'universal' shocks as spring rate is generally way too high (unless you carry a passenger 99% of the time?)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
rebuildable you say... mine are really soft and spring rate is to low. I have looked at some eye-to-eye shocks to replace, but the bike is setup to clamps. Does anyone know about shocks with adapters? - BTW if anyone helps me here, a pair og rebuildable KONIs is up for grabs :)

·
Premium Member
2,149 Posts
There should be a few different shocks available for CB/CM400/450. You'll probably have to spend a bit more to have selectable spring rate. It will probably be cheaper to get some heavier 'Progressive' springs (the manufacturer not type) and have dampers re-built? Post a pic of the shocks you have , some Koni's were 'OEM replacement' and may not have the screw in seal holder

·
Premium Member
2,149 Posts
Those are cheap for correct fitment. Quite surprised seeing the inflated prices at many other places. I tend to lump all the 3 valve motors together, details change but the basics are all the same (same as 360's)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BTW - has anyone mounted an eye/clevis type with clevis at bottom and eye top... with some sort of adapter? Is it possible?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts